Please note that you will be required to accept all
the terms of this policy when you order our goods or request our services. If
you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not order our goods
or request our services.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated.
If you do not agree with the changes, then you must forthwith stop using the website and our goods or services.
If you continue to use the website or our goods or
services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms
will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal information, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal information with a certain device.
These files serve several useful purposes for you, including:
· granting you access to age restricted content;
· tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences;
· improving how our website performs;
· allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
· helping us deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
We may use or process any goods or services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information.
We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
· goods or services purposes – such as collecting orders or requests for and providing our goods or services;
· marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
· business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
· legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
· remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
· monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
· track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
We may share your personal information with:
· other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
· our goods or services providers under contract who help provide certain goods or services or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, or technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods or services providers only use your information in connection with the goods or services they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
· credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
· banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria);
· our third party suppliers who provide us with their goods; and
· other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate (for example our couriers).
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We will not sell personal information.
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws and with the terms and conditions of the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) ACT. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
We are not responsible for, give no
warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or
practices of linked or any third-party websites.
Except as is provided to the contrary in this agreement, all rights, title, interest and ownership (including all rights under all copyright, patent and other intellectual property laws) and to this website are our sole property or vests in us or a third party licenser.
Our logo and sub logos, marks and trade names are our trademarks and no person may use them without our permission. Any other trademark or tradename that may appear on our marketing material is the property of “Madinat Jumeriah Investments (PTY) LTD”.